4x Your Practice Now!
How Facebook Ads Work
A Facebook ad campaign allows you to specifically target individuals in your jurisdiction or neighboring area who may be in need of a new dentist. Pediatric dentist? You can set your target audience to moms and dads. Screening patients for oral cancer? Facebook let’s you target users by age. With budget flexibility, you can run a campaign for just one day, or as long as you’d like. When a user clicks on your ad, they’ll be directed to your dental website (see image below).
Here are more of the audience targeting options available within Facebook:
- Basic Demographics: choose the location, age, gender, and language of the audience you wish to target.
- Interests: choose specific interests that may be important to your target audience. These are determined by what people are connected to on Facebook.
- Behaviors and Other Categories: choose an audience based on purchase behaviors, income, device usage, and more. (Note: some data is only available to advertisers in the U.S.)
- Connections: select your audience based on whether or not they’re connected to your page. Anyone who has a friend connected to your page will see your ad, with their friend included (ex: “John Smith likes this page” will appear above your ad).
- Custom Audience: use email addresses, phone numbers, or Facebook user ID’s to create and save custom audiences.
Advertising with Facebook gives you the opportunity to reach users who were not decidedly searching for your practice, but fit inside the demographic you choose to target. Facebook advertising for new patient acquisition is like the modern day, cost-effective postcard ad. Not everyone who sees it will be interested, but you can reach a lot of people at once and it’s much more budget-friendly than direct mail.